Virtual Event Platform
We make it easy to create and host engaging virtual events that connect you with your audience. Whether you're planning a conference, university open day, or trade show, we've got you covered with WorkCast's easy to use virtual events platform.
What is a virtual event?
Virtual events are large, multi-session online events that can feature both webinars and webcasts. The most basic definition of a virtual event is an online event that involves people interacting in a virtual environment, rather than a physical location. They are highly interactive and give a similar look and feel to a physical event.
WorkCast Offers Six Main Types of Virtual Events
Your virtual event, your way. We've meticulously designed our virtual events to suit your business needs while also looking ridiculously good.
Virtual Events Made Bitesize
WorkCast's way to create and run 'mini' virtual events when you don't need all the frills. Mini VE is packed with essential features and your own branded template that makes running your own virtual event faster and easier than ever.
- Create fully branded virtual events that won't break the bank
- Say goodbye to big, bulky booths, and hello to sustainable promotion! You'll be doing good for the planet and making bank at the same time
- Keep your attendees engaged and entertained with related content that's neatly tied together. It's like a choose-your-own-adventure book, but way more exciting
- Keep the conversation going with moderated Q&A engagement tools that keep things lively
- Go hybrid so you can mix in-person and virtual elements for an even more engaging event
WorkCast's Virtual Event Platform
WorkCast's virtual event platform was created in 2008 as a solution to a problem: how do we transition large-scale physical events to online events seamlessly, without compromising on customer experience or interaction?
Since then, WorkCast has run over 10,000 events for more than 2 million attendees across more than 20 countries. We have worked with some of the world's biggest and fastest growing companies - such as Sony, NHS, AutoDesk, Bombora and more - to deliver Enterprise-level virtual events for thousands of attendees.
Our robust virtual event software is cloud-based, secure and requires no plugins, downloads or barriers, so you can easily host your multi-session online event, anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Virtual Event FAQs
Virtual events have been growing in popularity in recent years, as businesses want to extend the reach of their events to audiences worldwide. But how do you host a virtual event?
Much like any event, running a virtual event involves a lot of planning and preparation. Regardless of whether you’re running a virtual conference or a virtual open house for a college, you can follow these simple steps to ensure the success of your virtual event:
- Understand your audience and the why of your virtual event
- Choose your team i.e. presenters, speakers, guests, moderators and more
- Select the best day and time to host your virtual event for maximum attendance
- Define your format and interactive content e.g. live webcasts, webinars, Q&A, discussions and more
- Select your platform for hosting the virtual event e.g. WorkCast
- Choose your hook/topic and create engaging content
- Promote your online event via social media, email marketing, landing pages, websites and more, to attract registrants
- Practice, practice, practice - complete several dry runs to you and your speakers are prepared
- Run a test stream (if you’re streaming live) to test your internet and audio levels before going live
- Follow up with attendees by sending a thank you email and a ink to any downloadable assets post-event
So, you want to know how much the WorkCast online events platform will cost? Whatever your business goals, or budget, we have a price and plan to suit your needs.
Virtual events are becoming increasingly popular, as businesses are transitioning their traditional in-person events online, which is why it’s essential to understand the different types of virtual events.
Each virtual event type includes its own own unique features and provides various business benefits, but these are the main types of online events:
- Webinars: online seminars that enable presenters to connect with audiences and exchange information
- Webcasts: a high-quality, polished live video stream of an event or conference
- Virtual conferences: replicates a traditional conference in an online environment
- Virtual college open days: replicate traditional physical college or university open houses virtually
- Virtual open houses: property realtors host virtual open houses by streaming them online for audiences
- Virtual trade shows: allows exhibitors and visitors to interact online environment, rather than at a physical trade show
- Virtual careers fairs: allow employers to connect with job seekers in a virtual environment, rather than in-person
- Virtual benefits fairs: enable employers to communicate the benefits provided to their employees at scale through an interactive online environment
Want a free demo of WorkCast's platform before you purchase? No problem. You can request a free demo of WorkCast to receive a free customized event demo for your project with one of our experts.
You’ll also receive case studies that are relevant to you and your sector and insight into online event success, best practices, prices and plans.
If you’re still in the deciding whether WorkCast is the right online events platform for you and your business, then you’ll be happy to know that you can try WorkCast for free with our 14-day trial.
With our free trial you’ll be able to run webinars with no plugins, no downloads and no barriers for attendees, create custom, branded webinars and create bespoke landing pages and event emails.
With our webinar trial you can supercharge your lead generation, increase audience engagement and grow your business - all completely free of charge.
WorkCast has multiple online event packages to suit your business needs. The short answer is yes, you can pay per use. If you wish to purchase a one-off managed webinar you can speak to one of our experts to discuss your individual webinar requirements, so that we can give you a quote.