Seneca College: 72% Attendance Rate
Seneca College needed an effective way to communicate with new starters so they decided to host an online orientation virtual event.
A college virtual open day to engage new starters and promote interaction
Seneca College's virtual open day received over one thousand registrations.
Nearly 900 attendees joined Seneca College's virtual open day throughout the course of the event.
Over 370 attendees engaged directly in interaction with Seneca College's event staff to ask questions and deliver feedback.
A first-ever virtual event for an international enterprise software company
Due to the high number of applications, Seneca College needed an effective way to communicate with new starters. And so, they decided to host an online orientation virtual event, where Seneca could welcome new students at the start of the semester to get them started. This is where WorkCast stepped in...
Seneca College needed to create an orientation event that was easily accessible to new starters on a global scale, so students could access the event wherever they were in the world.
This would extend the reach of their traditional orientation event exponentially and would allow new students, who previously would not have been able to attend the event, to participate in the Seneca College’s orientation event.
- Provide a premium virtual event platform that allows for effective communication between Seneca College and new students.
- Maximize audience engagement and interaction, so the students received the help they needed.
- Extend the reach of the traditional Orientation event, so that students worldwide could attend the event.
- Facilitate interaction and networking between College representatives and new students.
How WorkCast Helped
With a vision to include a combination of live and pre-recorded presentations, a live chat room, individual presentations, Q&A, and on-demand videos featuring college representatives, WorkCast helped Seneca to create an interactive virtual event to maximize their audience engagement.
What WorkCast created for Seneca
- WorkCast created a fully-branded, bespoke landing page, where students registered to attend the event.
- Seneca used WorkCast’s email workflow functionality to send out confirmation and event reminder emails that included important event-joining details.
- Once students arrived in the online event platform, they were greeted with a variety of live and pre-recorded content.
- Students were able to speak with experts at the university via the live Q&A functionality.
Seneca College exceeded its targets for audience interactions and attendance rates for the virtual event, with over 1,238 registrations, a 72% attendance rate, and over 370 questions being asked throughout the day. Due to the success of the Seneca College open house, the university plans to host several similar virtual events in the near future.
About Seneca College
Located in Toronto, Canada, Seneca College is an Applied Arts & Technology Institution. With 10 campuses throughout the Toronto area, Seneca College has over 30,000 full-time students and tens of thousands of applications every year.
“Thank you for all your support and help making our vision come true. This was unlike anything we have tried before, and we think it was an engaging event for our students”